Shipping and Marine Logistics
NNPC SHIPPING WEBSITE CONTENTS
NNPC SHIPPING MANEGEMENT STAFF:
· GGM, NNPC-SHIPPING
· MD, NIDAS
· MD, NIKORMA
· GM, MARINE LOGISTICS
The Oil and Gas business is very closely woven with the Maritime Sector. This is because 90% of Crude Oil, Natural Gas and all Petroleum Products are moved across the world by sea. NNPC Shipping was established to take a slice of these huge and versatile markets with a view to improving the Corporation's bottom line.
NNPC Shipping was established in 2017. It is a Corporate Service Unit (CSU) that houses the three in-house Shipping concerns of NNPC: -
- Marine Logistics
The NNPC Shipping is to improve coordination of business activities and increase the corporation's market share in the Petroleum Shipping business. Marine Logistics (ML) is one of the three entities created in 2016 from the unbundling of the former PPMC with the key mandate to cut down on demurrage costs/exposure substantially through efficient vessel programming and scheduling.
Operationally, ML engages in the following key activities:
- Manage demurrage on Import Vessels laden with Petroleum Products
- Coordinate STS operations offshore Lagos and assist with Refinery Evacuations
- Coastal distribution of Petroleum Products to Water Fed Depots across the nation
Marine Logistics has operational offices in Lagos, Warri, Port Harcourt and Calabar. Using its own
initiatives, ML also went into a partial commercialization of its activities whereby it offered spare capacity to third parties in terms of vessel movements to the hinterland, STS operations, Agencies, etc., and charged market rates for such services. ML later extended same concept to its internal customers of NNPC Retail and PPMC by invoicing them for services provided.
Group Treasury has opened an account with TSA for Marine Logistics where proceeds of activities are paid. However, in Line with the GGM, Treasury's directives, this money is swept into the NNPC Sinking Fund on a Monthly Basis.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR)
Presently and majorly, NPSC, one of our sister companies has been performing this role on behalf of NNPC Shipping due to our nascent status. We hope to fully assume this role in no distance time.
NNPC-Shipping Vessels transverse across Nigerian coastal regions where our main operations are; such areas as Lagos, Warri, Port-Harcourt and Calabar. Our goal in this regard is in two-folds: On one hand, Corporate Social Responsibilities aimed at measuring the impact of our activities on Environment, Society and the Economy. Secondly, establishing oil and gas international best practices in the shipping business in order to achieve organizational goals
PROFILES OF NNPC SHIPPING'S MANAGEMENT
NAME: CHRISTIANA UZOCHI ONABU (Mrs.)
PRESENT STATUS: MANAGING DIRECTOR, NIDAS GROUP
YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT: 1991 (JUNE 3)
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT IN NNPC:
CHQ 2017 - date
Managing Director NIDAS Group Mar. 2020 - date
Manager Planning, Renewable Energy Division (RED) Nov. 2017 – Mar. 2020
PPMC 2006 - 2017
Manager Programming & Operations Offshore Lagos Nov. 2015 – Nov. 2017
Deputy Manager Distribution, S & D Lagos Apr 2013 – Oct. 2015 Superintendent Operations Calabar Depot Aug. 2011 – Mar. 2013
Supervisor Sales, Port Harcourt Depot Aug. 2010 -- Sept. 2011
Planning and Programming Control Assistant P/H Area Office Aug. 2006 – Aug. 2010
Eleme Petrochemicals Company Limited (EPCL) Jan. 1991 - 2006
Supervisor Raw Materials Purchases: Marketing Dept. Mar. 2006 – Aug. 2006
Superintendent Customer Service: Jan. 2005 – Mar. 2006
Customer Service Officer: Dec. 1997 – Jan. 2005
Production Programming and Quality Control Department: Jan. 1994 – Dec. 1997
Chemist Polypropylene Laboratory
Trainee Chemist (on the Job Training WRPC: Jan. 1992 – Jan. 1994
Trainee Chemist: Basic/Specific (Comerint Training); PTI Warri: Jun. 1991 – Jan. 1992.
NUMBER OF YEARS IN NNPC: 30 years
JOURNEY IN NNPC (relevant ones, say 5 movements):
1. Pioneer Quality Control staff trained at Himont Italy and the Poly Propylene Plant pre-commissioning team that installed and commissioned all the Laboratory equipment at Eleme Petrochemical Company Limited. Served also as Officer /superintendent Customer Support Services and Supervisor NGL at the Plastic Technology Development Center in the Commercial Division of Eleme Petrochemicals Company Limited.
2. Re-deployed to PPMC in 2006 and held various positions, which includes Planning and Programming Assistance Oil Movement Dept. P/H Area Office, Sales Supervisor Port Harcourt Depot, Superintendent Calabar Depot, Deputy Manager Distribution, S & D and Manager Programming and Operations Offshore during the merger of the then Marine Transportation Dept.(MTD) and S & D into one Department in 2015. Led the team of the Programming and Operations Offshore that worked with the managements of the PPMC, Marine Logistics and NPSC after the creation of these business entities. Member2016/2017 DSDP Supply Contract negotiation & implementation.
3. Posted to the Renewable Energy Division as Manager Planning in-charge of developing and monitoring the division's strategic business focus, business plans, annual budgets and performance monitoring & reporting of the KPIs.
4. Served in many committees and task forces, lead many commercial initiatives and teams on demurrage reduction, revenue generation/optimization and reconciliation of the NNPC Subsidy claims with PPPRA. Achieved outstanding results and received awards and recommendations.
5. Currently the MD of the NIDAS group of companies – NIDAS Marine Limited, NIDAS Shipping Services Limited and NIDAS Shipping Service Agency (UK), responsible for the daily operations and performance of the NIDAS Group businesses locally and internationally, consistently delivery on the Board strategic objectives and drive for higher profitability
Certificate in Shipping Business – LLOYD'S Maritime Academy UK
Managing Successful Projects (PRINCE2 – Foundation) – UK
Napoleon Hill Foundation Leadership Certification - US
Master of Science (Biochemistry) – University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Bachelor of Science (Applied Biochemistry) – Anambra State University of Technology
FAMILY STATUS: Married with Children
HOBBIES: Travel, Investment, Charity Work, Coaching & Mentoring
Office Address: No. 25 Mississipi Street, Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Mobile Tel.: +2348033096577
SIR INUIKIM, ASUQUO EDET (STAFF ID: 15804)
General Manager, Marine Logistics, NNPC Shipping , NNPC Towers, FCT, Abuja
E-mail address: email@example.com
Mobile Telephone no: 08033255901
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
Date of Birth: 10th July, 1962
State of Origin: Akwa Ibom
Local Government Area: MBO
Place of Birth: Port Harcourt
Marital Status: Married
2. PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
- · Over 27 years active involvement in Engineering, Supervision/monitoring of NNPC Oil and Gas Supply Projects covering Project Management, Contracting up to Projects Execution.
- · Assertive and self-confident with Emotional Intelligence.
- · A highly creative and result oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
- · A team player, a motivator, a problem solver and trustworthy.
3. BRIEF CONTRIBUTIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS IN NNPC
Marine Logistics – NNPC Shipping
2020 – As General Manager, Marine Logistics, NNPC Shipping,: Effective stakeholders Engagement/Management; Achieved efficient products distribution across all locations and without scarcity of products nationwide; Managed and reduced demurrage to zero level. Evacuation of a very high volume of products compare to 2019 volume and achieved cost serving by reducing numbers of vessels from 21 to 14 vessels.
NNPC Renewable Energy Division
2019 – As a Manager Contracts Administration: Initiate and closeout Five (4) Memorandum of understanding (MOU and Joint Ventures (JV) Share Holders Agreement (SHA) with three (3) prospective partners and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of JV and NNPC Policy.
NAPIMS: Gas Development Division
2018 - As ANOH Project Manager, ensured compliance with due process and acceleration of ANOH Project (600MMscfd), one of the FGN 7 Critical Gas Development Projects, is at the stage of taking Final Investment Decision (FID) to meet the first gas date of 2020.
2017 –As a Project Manager, ensured indigenous contractors participated in ANOH Project value chain to promote technology transfer and Skills to the Nigeria workers.
2017 - As ANOH Project Manager, achieved expedited contracting processes circle of Six (6) months; seven (7) out of eight (8) ANOH contract packages have been approved by NTB.
2016 –As ANOH Project Manager, initiated and participated in cost reduction workshop and obtained schedule acceleration and cost saving of about $400M ($2.6Bln to $2.1Bln).
2016 - As SSAGS Project Manager, initiated a strategy and got a buy-in for Town Distribution Network (TDN) contract exclusively for indigenous host community nominated contractors around the Project sites to enhance Freedom To Operate (FTO).
2016 - As SSAGS Project Manager, effectively participated in a successful negotiation of a Facility Contract from US$738.00M down to US$258.00M with schedule performance incentive.
2015 - As SSAGS Project Manager, effectively participated in the renegotiation of the Upstream
Evacuation (SSAGS -100MMscfd) and gathering Pipelines contracts & obtained discount of over US$4.00M from the Service Providers.
4. SUMMARY OF CURRENT WORK EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
General Manager, Marine Logistics, NNPC Shipping,
-(2020 to Date)
- · Managed NNPC coastal marine operations and Services
- · Ensure efficient coastal distribution of products to Locations/depots;
- · Ensure prompt products evacuation from import vessels;
- · Ensure quick turnaround of coastal vessels and management of demurrage on coastal and import vessels.
5. SUMMARY OF CAREER WORK HISTORY/EXPERIENCE
NNPC Renewable Energy Division: Manager, Contract Administration (RED)
– (2019 to 2020)
- · Participate in Joint Venture Activities and ensure/Monitor compliance with the terms and conditions of project/Contract/MOUs in line with NNPC Policy.
- · Participate in the review of the engagement activities of prospective Core Investors/State Government for implementation of NNPC Biofuel Projects.
- · Participate in the review of other Renewable Energy Projects including Solar Power & Energy efficiency initiatives.
NAPIMS, Gas Development Division: Deputy Manager, Project Evaluation
– (2015 to 2018)
- Project Manager ANOH, SSAGS and First E&P JV Projects: Manage, Plan, concept screening, Evaluation/Selection, FEED, Execution Planning, DED, negotiations and other Project activities.
- Evaluate appropriate strategies for the implementation and execution of the JV Gas Development Projects and report to Management:
- Ensure accurate review of Work Program, budget, monthly cash call and performance returns submissions for optimal utilization of funds in the JV gas Projects. Monitor the execution of the JV Projects activities through Monthly meetings, Site visits and, Quarterly Management Review (QMR) meetings.
2011-2014 - NAPIMS, Gas Development Division: Superintendent – Project Design (2011 to date)
- · Supervise and monitor the development, execution of JV Gas Supply Project Designs.
- Supervise and monitor Work Program/Performance and Budget of JV and Gas supply Projects.
- · monitor the development, execution of JV Gas Supply Projects.
- Supervise and monitor Work Program/Performance and Budget of JV and Gas supply Projects.
2008 – 2010 NAPIMS, Gas Development Division: Deputy Chief Civil Engineer
· Supervise the review and processing of GEC, CRC, DEXCOM and MEXCOM documents for GM, Gas endorsement.
· Supervise and Monitor work progress on Self Elevating Platform (SEP) EPC contracts and concept development of ADDAX OML 123 Gas supply project to Calabar NIPP.
2005 – 2007 Seconded to CNL OKLNG Gas Supply Project as a project engineer/ PMT member.
· Supervise and Monitor FEED progress and ensure transparency and due-process are followed.
· Interface with Major disciplines for proper understanding of activities, Nigerian content and cost control
1999 – 2004 NAPIMS Gas Division: Senior/Assistant Chief Civil Engineer
· Work with the committee for the development of trans-Sahara Gas supply pipeline development Project
· Review ITT documents; participate in bid evaluation, award negotiation and recommendations
· Monitor cost and schedule of projects against budget and project baselines
1992 – 1999 Civil Engineer 1&11 – (Engineering & Technology Division – ETD)
· Review contract bids and Engineering Design documentation of the Project Consultants
· Carried out design of reinforced concrete roads, walkways and building projects.
· Review work procedure, works scope and consultants presentations to ensure compliance.
6. LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
· Group secretary: NNPC PENGASSAN (1997 - 1999)
· Chairman: NNPC Corporate Headquarters Branch (1997 – 1999)
· Chairman: NNPC PENGASSAN , ETD Chapter (1994 – 1996)
· President: Oron Development Union, Lagos (2000 – 2004 & 2008 – 2012)
· WelfareDirector: Student Union Government, Polytechnic Calabar (1988 – 1989)
· National President: National Association of Oron Students (1987 – 1989)
7. BOOK PUBLICATION
Initiated and contributed to a book publication titled: Energy Crises in Nigeria: Causes, Effects and Solutions, a compilation by PENGASSAN NNPC to support NNPC Management in containing the fuel crises in Nigeria (1999).
8. SCHOOLS ATTENDED AND ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS WITH DATES
|· Ladoke Akintola University of technology|
|· Masters of Transportation Management (MGM): Pipeline and Petroleum Management - 2002 |
|· Lagos state University, Lagos.||1995-1997||· Masters of Business Administration (MBA) : Human Resource Management - 1997|
|· The polytechnic, Calabar, Cross River State.|
|· Higher National (upper credit)/ National Diploma: Civil Engineering: 1989/1986|
|· Ellis School of Building, Worcester, London.||1978-1979||· Diploma in concrete Technology and construction 1979|
|· Secondary technical School, Ewet, Uyo||1973-1978||· (WAEC/C&G) 1978|
|· Methodist Central School, Ebughu, Mbo LGA, Akwa Ibom state.||1968-1973||· First School Leaving Certificate 1973|
9. SOME SELECTED PROFESSIONAL / MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT COURSES ATTENDED
2018 Executive Leadership Retreat (3–Days) – UtoMapp Limited, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
2017 Advance Strategic Management (1-Week) – A-Z Tech, London.
2016 Leadership and Team Development for Managerial Success (1-week)– CPS, Houston, USA
2014 The Contracts and Project Management MBA (2-weeks) – GLOMACS, California, USA
2013 Practical Use of FIDIC Conditions of Contract (1-week) – Federation of Consulting Engineers, Lagos.
2012 Leading with Emotional Intelligence: Psychology of leadership (1-week) – GLOMACS, Lagos.
2011 Chief Officers' Management Development Programme (COMDP 068) _ NNPC, Mosimi.
10. MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
· Fellow (FCPM): Chartered Institute of Public Management
· Member: Project Management Institute (PMI), USA – NO. 996789
· Fellow (FSM): Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria – No. ISM/244/G504/M119
· Fellow (FNIM): Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered - NIM) – No. 53708
· Chartered Member (CMILT): Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
· Member: National Association of Engineering Technologies Engineers – No. C889
· GED CS Commendations letter in recognition of my role on 2012/2014 NNPC Recruitment Exercise (2014).
· GED E&P and GGM, NAPIMS Commendations letter in recognition of my role on successful execution of the MOU on Trans-Sahara Gas Pipeline Project between Nigeria and Algeria (2002)
· PENGASSAN-NNPC Corporate Headquarters Branch Award Of Excellence (2012)
· PENGASSAN-NNPC Corporation Group Award Excellence. (1999)
· NNPC Long service Awards: 10, 15, 20, 25 years
Community Development Service, Reading and Social Activities
MOHAMMED KABIR IBRAHIM
Managing Director, Nikorma Transport Limited
NIKORMA TRANSPORT LIMITED (March 2020 – Date)
Managing Director, Nikorma Transport Limited, a JV company
· Recorded 1st Revenue stream from shipping business in 3rd Quarter of 2020.
· Oversee daily commercial activities including managing company associations, and recognizing business opportunities, communicating, and negotiating with clients or business associates.
· Established strong and commercially viable relationships with maritime agencies, local/ federal authorities, shipping lines, and other key stakeholders
· Directed Shipping Operations and ensure accurate and timely shipping processes with maximum efficiency.
NNPC – Information Technology Division (August 2017 – March 2020)
Pioneer Manager, Enterprise Information Security, Risk & Compliance (EISRC)
· Ensured Zero security breach/compromise on IT infrastructure
· Established an enterprise-wide IT Risk Register
· Put in place an IT Security Awareness Program
ü Project Manager, responsible for enterprise vulnerability assessment of IT infrastructure
Brass LNG Limited (June 2013 – August 2017)
Manager, Information Communications Technology
1st Nigerian to be appointed to the position of Manager ICT by the Brass LNG Board of Directors in July 2013.
- Successfully implemented the Microsoft Dynamics AX Project - Enterprise Resource Planning software
- Received MD's commendation for achieving cost-cutting initiatives in the company.
- Successfully migrated from On-prem email to O365 cloud service.
- Successfully established Microsoft Azure Back-up/Restore cloud service.
- Successfully redesigned & deployed the BLNG portal WorkSpace
- Brass LNG Limited (January 2012 To June 2013)
- Head ICT & Technical Services
- · Responsible for all Information communications technology and technical services infrastructure in Brass LNG.
NNPC (Feb 2010 – Jan 2012)
- Pioneer Deputy Manager, Business Enterprise Systems, CHQ- ISD
- Team Lead Alpha Initiatives Project:
- Successfully re-designed and migrated the NNPC Workplace (an enterprise portal) from the 2007 Microsoft SharePoint environment to 2010 Microsoft SharePoint environment.
- Successfully scoped, negotiated, and processed issuance of Letter of Award for the implementation of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution and Digital Signature
- Successfully scoped, negotiated, and processed the issuance of work order for the implementation of an Enterprise Project Management (EPM) solution.
PPMC (August 2008 – Feb 2010)
Deputy Manager, IT Operations
- Team Lead PPMC EPICENTRE Project (an enterprise portal) – successfully designed, developed, and deployed the first enterprise portal solution in PPMC.
- Successfully managed PPMC IT infrastructure covering over 38 servers, 49 networked printers, power equipment, data centers
Economic & Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) (Feb 2005 – Aug 2008)
- I assumed the leadership position of Head, Information Communications Technology
- Pioneered the setting-up of a modern ICT department that has positively positioned the commission.
- Initiated and collaborated the signing of the historic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Microsoft, Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), - the 1st of its kind signed with any African country to combat cybercrime.
PIPELINES & PRODUCTS MARKETING CO. LTD
August 2008 to Feb; 2010 Pipelines & Products Marketing Co. Ltd (PPMC)
1991 – 2005 PIPELINES & PRODUCTS MARKETING CO. LTD
· 2002 Certificate in Delivering Information Services
Harvard University, Boston, Mass., USA.
· 1987 - 1988 Master of Business Administration
University of New Haven, Connecticut, USA.
1984 - 1986 Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems
University of New Haven, Connecticut, USA.
1980 – 1982 Diploma in Building Technology (OND)
P. S. Z .B., BYDGOSZCZ, POLAND
1979 – 1980 Diploma in Polish Language
Centre for POLISH Language, GDANSK, POLAND
· Member, Computer Association of Nigeria (COAN)
· Member, Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM)
· Member, ISACA (Information Systems Audit & Control Association)
|Other Ad-hoc Responsibilities|
ü Member Presidential Committee on Implementation of FGN/Microsoft Strategic Partnership Agreement (SPA) 2006 – 2008
ü Member FGN Committee on National Identity Management 2006 – 2008
|Hobbies||· Travelling, Surfing, Current Affairs, Photography, & Mentoring|
GSM: +234 (0) 7064174989
Company Email: Mohammed.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Shipping and Marine Logistics Division of NNPC comprises of the following companies: